We know you love your cat.
But these cute fluffy animals can sometimes be a little hard to manage.
Their high-maintenance lifestyle implies that you constantly fret over cleaning up their litter.
While you certainly can’t get rid of your cat, neither can you stop it from roaming around your house.
You can, however, devise ways to clean up the mess left behind by them.
The key to remember here is that the quicker you act, the lesser hard work you will need to put in, and the faster it will yield results.
You may need more than a regular carpet or rug cleaner to get rid of the stench.
If you are wondering how to get cat pee out of carpet, then this article is just for you.
At 3 Diamonds Carpet Clean, we have foolproof ways to get rid of the stench.
We provide complete carpet cleaning services, so call us today to rescue you from the results of your cat’s mischief!
Why It Is Important To Get Rid Of The Stench
Cat urine has a disgustingly strong odor.
If your cat is not trained, chances are that it might regularly pee outside of its litter box.
But even if your pet is not a repeat offender, there could be minor slip-ups every now and then.
This is particularly true if your cat is older.
It would have very nasty urine because of its failing kidneys.
The stench of cat urine tends to get worse with time because when the urine decomposes, it releases a certain ammonia-like compound which gives it a stale smell.
The stench could be particularly worse for male cats that have not been neutered, so their urine gives off a strong potent smell to attract cats of the other gender.
Your cat could also be spraying urine vertically onto the furniture and walls because of mating stimuli that are meant to depict that they are available to mate.
While this is obviously too much for a normal human to bear, it gets worse if you do not neutralize the smell on time.
This is because cats generally return to pee at the same places they have already urinated at.
Thus if you do not clean your carpet quickly, then your cat will deem it okay to urinate in the same spot again.
Thus it makes sense to use a carpet cleaner on the area before the urine has had time to dry up.
What You Need To Eliminate The Stench
Here are some of the ways in which you can neutralize cat pee odor.
- Baking soda is also a neutralizer.
- Vinegar works as an acid that neutralizes alkaline urine.
- And although it reeks itself, the smell goes away if properly ventilated.
- Enzyme-based products help break down the bacteria in urine and help eliminate the bad odor.
Note: Avoid any ammonia-based products because they can set the stain on the carpet.
The potent smell would also attract the cats to the area and encourage them to pee again.
Steps To Get Cat Pee Out Of Carpet
Following are all the steps you would need to follow from A to Z in order to get a cat pee stain out of your carpet.
- Blot the stain with an old piece of cloth.
Paper towels would also suffice.
Try to get rid of the excess liquid and make sure it is all dried up.
- Rinse the area with plain water and use a wet vacuum to dry up the spot.
You can use a regular mop if you don’t have a wet vacuum.
- Use a great amount of enzyme-based cleaner or make a DIY baking soda and vinegar solution and douse it over the affected spot.
- Let the chemicals do your work.
Make sure to avoid any steam cleaning as that could set the stain and make the smell permanent.
- Once the enzyme product has completely acted on the spot, use water again and blot the area properly.
- Next up, keep your cat away from the cleaned area, so cover it with aluminum foil or any plastic basket.
- Follow up with a regular fragrant cleaner to make your carpet smell great.
- This step works well enough for couches, too, though a professional couch cleaning would be ideal.
The Bottom Line
You can prevent your cat from peeing in the same areas or restrict them from urinating in areas that are out of bounds by playing with them there or feeding them there.
This is because cats like to pee in areas different from where they have been fed.
In other words, they eat and excrete in different areas.
Nevertheless, if you feel like the damage wreaked by your cat is too much, you can seek professional help at 3 Diamonds Carpet Clean.
We are a rug cleaning company in Fort Lauderdale providing the best sofa and carpet cleaning services.
Reach out today and forgo learning how to get cat pee out of carpet because we will do the job for you.